Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mother's Day goodiness

What a nice success! Last night my mom and step-dad came for the evening before continuing on to the house up north in Traverse City. Since they will be there all weekend and will therefore not be in the vicinity for Mother's Day - we made my mom dinner and gave her a gift last night to show her how awesome she is. It went pretty well if I do say so. Here was our menu:

Fontina cheese served with sesame and seaweed crackers
Steak, shrimp & scallop kabobs
Red, orange & yellow peppers, mushroom and vadallia onion kabobs
Twice baked potatoes with green onions
Vino

Yummy.

I wish I had thought to take pictures of the meal. It was really beautiful with all the colored peppers. I had planned to, but alas...

As for the gift - I always have such a hard time picking out gifts for my parents. They have everything that they need and if they don't, they go out and buy it. My mom does not really collect anything and despises knick knacks and anything that doesn't have a real purpose. That is one of the main reasons I prefer to make gifts instead of buy them - usually what I make is practical and if it's not, you feel to guilty to throw it out or not use it because someone spent so much making it for you. Anyhow, this year I did not have the time to make something - I just had too many other projects going on. I decided to to go the charity route via this bag.
Not only is the bag awesome, but it also feeds a child for an entire school year. How can you go wrong? I am going to get one for myself also and so should you!


World Food Programme Feed Bag

No comments: