Saturday, September 1, 2007

theft sucks.

This morning was our first big School Shopping day and we were all pretty excited for it. We headed out early to the outlets in Michigan City where they were having a crazy sidewalk sale. It was nearly impossible to find a parking spot and we ended up about seven miles from the stores (exaggeration). Troy called during our hike back to the outlets to find out where he could meet us. He had given a meeting at work earlier that morning and was ready to join in our fun spending adventure - pretty sure he just wanted to insure that I did not blow the paycheck. We set off from kid store to kid store and could not believe the insanity. The lines for checkout at any particular retail establishment would circle the perimeter and sometimes continue out the door. We decided to choose two stores that were worth waiting in line for and then get the hell out of there. I am full of certainty that it will be a long time before I can convince Troy boy to come out shopping with us for clothing again. While standing in line at the baby Gap, I saw the cutest little rompers that I just had to have for Ethan. I motioned to Troy to come and take my place so that I could go and find his size. Apparently the four (not together) women who were behind me in line did not see our switcheroo and started to yell at him. What do you think you are doing? Who the hell do you think you are? No mind to the fact that the poor man is standing there with a baby in a stroller and a pint sized Marnie. After explaining to the angry shoppers that he had merely taken my place in line and no he had not 'cut', one of the women said 'Well, you can obviously see what lead me to my thinking'. Yes, of course. No apology is necessary then. Crazy 'ol bat. Troy made me leave then. We went and had a nice lunch that involved Ethan trying to climb onto the table and throw chicken wing bones at our heads. There was even time afterwards to head home so that Troy could change his shirt before work (he is the messiest of the three kiddies). I drove him back to where his car was parked. It was like shit-cream frosting on a poopy cake. One of the windows had been smashed in. Troy's two month old black MacBook was gone. Gone. Stolen. Now, after a couple hours to calm down, I am still uncertain as to why they broke into the truck. It really is a pile of junk. Last year we blew out a tire and still have the rusty hubcapped replacement on there. If you look in the driver's window, you will surely notice that the middle console is completely missing and that there are five dollar seat covers (not in good shape) hiding the cigarette burned seats from the previous owners. We had thought about selling this truck a couple of months back, but decided not to waste our money on advertisement for we were relatively sure that no one would want it. The only reason Troy was even driving it is because his Saturn is not running. I am giving you all a stellar impression of our choice in automobiles I know. Who could possibly have thought that there was something worth stealing in there? How did they know there was and $1800 laptop hidden under the seat? I am certain (and when I say certain, I mean not at all certain) that it has to be someone Troy works with. He had given a meeting using his computer earlier that morning and then went off to meet us. And how does such a thing happen in the middle of the day? Due to the crapiness of the car, we only had the minimum coverage on the car. Insurance won't even pay for the window let alone the computer. We are screwed unless they happen to find the person who stole it. And I am sure that never happens.

1 comment: