Wednesday, December 28, 2011

swollen heart.

My vision is changing.  My eyesight is the same but how I see is different.  I look at you and I see something that I didn't notice before.  I in turn feel something I have never felt before.  I do not know how to describe it well but it fills me with warmth and sheer joy.  I cannot help but smile.  I smile at you, I smile at strangers.  It is new and I think I am enjoying it.

I did an act for my friend today.  She is one of my dearest friends from waaay on back when big hair was cool the first time around.  She traveled some distance to see me and as always I was overjoyed to spend some time with her.  She met me at the salon and I turned her into one hot mama.  It was fun and I am glad I had the opportunity to spoil her a bit.

My moment of awe however came not with my friend, but with the client I serviced before her.  A client that I have worked on many times before and definitely enjoyed, but had never thought much more about it that that.  Today when she walked through the doors I felt warmth and kindness.  I wanted to give her the best experience and let it be known that she was cared about.  I always do my absolute best and continued to do so, but as she spoke as I worked I listened.  I mean really listened and cared about every word that was said.  I took extra steps to show I cared... and I do.  After massaging her head at the shampoo bowl,  I brought a hot steam towel over her brow.  I firmly pressed the the steam into her skin and chanted in my head with each slow press "I wish you well, I wish you joy, I wish you comfort".  I did not even notice that I was doing it until after I removed the towel.  I realized it was true.

I enjoyed myself today.  I laughed and I felt true joy.  I was happy to be where I was and I wished happiness for others.  Pleasure.

Stats:
Daily Points - 8
Extra - 1
Bonus - 0