Monday, December 26, 2011

My Christmas moment moment.

Today was a day filled with clearing.  Clearing of the home, clearing of the mind.  I am preparing for a new year and am excited about all of the changes coming our way.  I feel a need to prepare.  We removed all of our gaudy Christmas decorations today.  Although they were thoroughly enjoyed and will be greatly missed until next year, I feel that this hour is the first I have been able to truly concentrate and think straight since the day after Thanksgiving.  It is wonderful to look out over my home and feel a sense of order and calm.  It is a new day and I am excited.

One down point to my hunkering down and cleaning the Curet household is that... well, I never left it.  I often do not leave home on a daily basis and once in awhile I may be home for an entire week - gasp!  I know.  I work from home mostly and I really, really like it here.  This may not be much of an issue in my previous state of existence, but now I have a daily task to accomplish that I assumed I would need to leave to house for.  I had a small panic attack this afternoon while contemplating this query.  I should have known however that my answer would come to me as so many answers do... google.  Of course there are ways to please people via the World Wide Web.  I can, on lazy days, favor people in a multitude of ways with the click of some keys.  This pleases me on so many levels.

Fear not my friends, I do not plan on never leaving my home again and helping out people in the flesh.  I do however plan on using the internet to insure I do something every day.

Today I did a blog search.  I went in search of a start up blog like my own that has no readers (like my own) as of the moment.  My plan was to read a few and leave some nice comments of encouragement.  Instead I found this one: http://www.mychristmasmoment.com/  There is not really a space to comment, so I thought perhaps an actual entry may be of more encouragement.  This is something I would never normally do.  I am not a participator.  I have no need or want to share my Christmas moment.  I replied merely to make the owner of the blog happy.  There is a delay, but as soon as my musings are up I will let you all know.  I am sure you are dying with anticipation.

Tomorrow I am opening a business account.  This is something I am very excited about.  I have never had a business account nor need for one - but now I do.  A few years ago while looking for some kind of project for Marnie and I to do together, I stumbled upon a paper craft called quilling.  While the tradition methods are of little interest to me, I fell in love with the craft and began making large wall art using the amazing paper coils.  It has provided me with enormous amounts of joy but besides appearing in a few shows, has not made me a profit.  I recently began using my skills to make jewelry using the same techniques and have found an entirely new level of happiness.  People are loving what I am making and buying up all of my goods.  It is the most glorious thing.  Seeing people's reactions when they notice my designs is one of the best feelings.  Second to how I feel when I see them wearing them.  I have pride and it feels amazing.  I want my business to grow a bit and become more legit.  The lovely salon in which I work has agreed to carry my earrings and most of the girls I work with now own a pair.  I would love to carry them in a couple of stores in our downtown as well and perhaps even a gallery.  For now though I am grateful for the business account and the business cards that are on their way.  I am in the beginning stages of planning a small remodel in our basement and creating a studio space for myself.  I am wanting to put more focus on turning my passion from a hobby into a business and I feel that requires a more serious space.  At the moment I have been working out of our bedroom using a lowered ironing board as a table.  I am excited to see where this will grow.  As a bonus to the renovations, Ethan is changing rooms to the largest which is also on the lowest level.  He is excited as he will now have room to have an indoor play structure.  I am excited because his old room will soon be a new walk in closet for the hubs and I.  A new space for a new year and I am so excited to see what else follows!

Stats:
Daily Points - 6
Extra - 1
Bonus - 0